Having difficulties? Please contact Alteryx Support
- Register. Complete the simple online task to license and create your Alteryx Analytics Cloud workspace.
- Workspace setup. Before you invite other users to your workspace, you should complete a few setup steps.
- Invite users. If you intend to share the workspace with other users, you can invite them from within it.
- Wrangle away!
Before You Begin
Whitelist the IP address range of the Alteryx Service
NOTE: The database to which you are connecting must be available from the Alteryx Service over the public Internet.
The IP address range of the Alteryx Service is the following:
NOTE: On the database server for each relational source type (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), you must whitelist these IP addresses.
For Alteryx Analytics Cloud:
22.214.171.124/29 126.96.36.199/32 188.8.131.52/32 184.108.40.206/32 220.127.116.11/32 18.104.22.168/32 22.214.171.124/32
For Redshift, there are two ways to whitelist the IP range depending on if you are using EC2-VPC or EC2-Classic (not common).
- EC2-VPC (Security group): Add the IP address range to the inbound rule for the security group associated with the cluster. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/gsg/rs-gsg-authorize-cluster-access.html#rs-gsg-how-to-authorize-access-vpc-security-group.
- EC2-Classic: Add the IP address range to the inbound rule for the security group associated with the EC2 instance. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/gsg/rs-gsg-authorize-cluster-access.html#rs-gsg-how-to-authorize-access-cluster-security-group.
For details on this process with RDS in general, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/Overview.RDSSecurityGroups.html
For more information, please contact Alteryx Support .
Login to Cloud Portal
After you have completed registration, you must verify your email address. After verification, log in to the application.Sign in to your workspace to access the Cloud Portal. In the Cloud Portal, you can access all of your licensed applications.
- Go to the sign in page.
- Enter the email address that you used to register for your workspace.
- Enter your password.
- Select Sign In.
NOTE: If you need to create new workspaces, please contact your Alteryx representative.
Review Workspace Settings
As the first registered user, you are assigned the workspace admin role, which provides control over workspace-level settings. Before you invite users to the workspace, you should review and modify the basic configuration for the workspace. For more information, see Workspace Settings Page .
NOTE: Workspace administrators should complete the following steps to verify that the product is operational end-to-end.
After you have applied a configuration change to the platform and restarted, you can use the following steps to verify that Alteryx® Analytics Cloud is working correctly.
When your workspace is provisioned, all licensed applications are available from the App Switcher in the Cloud Portal.
NOTE: To access an application, each user must be provisioned an application-specific role. More information is provided below.
For more information, see App Switcher.
All workspace users must be assigned roles in order to access the platform and applications.
Invite users to your workspace. If you intend to share the workspace with other users, you can invite them from within it. You must assign each user an application-specific roles.
NOTE: First-time users of the product should access it by invitation only. Don't provide direct URLs to first-time users.
- To invite other people to join your workspace, select Admin Console from the upper-right User menu.
In the Admin Console, select Users.
On the Users page, you can see the invited users or users who are members of your workspace. Select Invite users.
- Enter a comma-separated list of email addresses of the user you want to invite to your workspace. Select Invite users to send an invitation email.
For more information, see Users Page.
When you initially invite users to your workspace, they are assigned a default, non-admin role. You might want to change the role or roles assigned to their account.
NOTE: To access a specific application, you must assign a designated role to each user.
- In the Users page, locate the user to assign new roles.
From the context menu on the right side of the user's entry, select Edit.
NOTE: The default role permits a user to access the workspace. Access to higher-level operations or applications hosted in the platform is governed by assigning additional roles to the user's account.
- In the Edit user dialog, you can modify the user's roles.
- To assign a new role, select it from the Roles dropdown.
- To remove a role, select the X next to it.
- Application roles:
- Applications hosted in the platform require specific roles. Application-specific roles must be assigned to each user who is accessing the application.
For more information, see Privileges and Roles Reference.
You can also assign a role to multiple users. For more information, see Roles Page.
- To apply the changes, select Edit user.
- Repeat the above steps for each user that you wish to modify.
Workspace Users Setup
Workspace administrators should share the following page with newly invited users: Getting Started for Workspace Users.
This page has no comments.