Tip: If you are a project owner or workspace admin logging into the Designer Cloud application for the first time, you can use these steps to set up the environment for use and invite other users to join.
Test Product by Running a Job
When you first log in to your project or workspace, you should be able to immediately run a job to ensure the product is working properly. The goal of these steps is to simply verify that you can run a job.
Tip: Any user invited to the project should be able to complete these steps, including uploading files from their local environment to begin wrangling immediately.
- In the left nav bar, click the Flows icon at the top.
- In the Flows page, you should see an
- If you do, click it to open it.
- If you do not, you can:
- Click the Library for Data icon. Then, click Import Data.
- Upload a file. For more information, see Import Data Page.
- Then, continue the process of adding the file to a flow and running a job from there.
- Select either of the flows.
- The flow opens in Flow View. Click the Plus icon next to one of the recipe objects in the flow canvas. Select Create Output to run.
- An output object is created. This output defines how job results are published. In this case, the default output is a CSV file in the default location. In the right panel, click Run.
- In the Run Job page, you can review the options. For simplicity, accept the defaults. Click Run.
- The job is queued for execution. The Job Details page permits you to track progress.
- When the job completes, click the Output destinations tab to review your outputs.
If you have successfully completed the above steps, the product is working for end-to-end execution of importing, transforming, and outputting your data.
Integrate the Product
Depending on the edition of the product that you licensed, there may be specific steps required to integrate the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform with your environment:
Tip: Please complete the steps listed below for your product edition by following the documentation link. You can then return to complete the remaining steps in this page.
- Specify authentication method.
- Connect to S3 buckets (if needed)
- Whitelist the IP address range for the Alteryx Service
See Getting Started with Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta.
Review Environment Settings
After you have deployed the product, you should review the environment settings.
- Login to the Designer Cloud application as an administrator.
- Select User menu > Admin console.
- Select Project Settings or Workspace Settings.
These settings define features and behaviors in the project or workspace. Key categories and settings:
These settings define whether users are permitted to create and use API access tokens, which allow for access to the REST APIs.
Tip: API access is required for developers who wish to build on the platform or users who wish to automate aspects of their data pipelines.
These features can enable access to datastores and conversion features, including the use of custom SQL to create imported datasets.
Tip: If significant volumes of your data are hosted in relational sources, you should review these settings.
|Flows, recipes, and plans|
These settings enable features related to the development of features, recipes, and plans.
Tip: By default, users are permitted to import, export, and share flows and plans, as well as create webhooks to deliver messages outside of the product. If these features need to be disabled, please review these settings.
These features define aspects of how jobs are executed on Trifacta Photon, which is an in-memory running environment.
Tip: Most of these settings are advanced tuning properties. Trifacta Photon may require enablement in your environment.
These settings can be modified to define the formats that Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform is permitted to generate. Most output formats are enabled.
Tip: The default storage environment setting defines the base storage for the product. You should set this value when you begin using the product. Avoid changing the value after the product has been in use. For more information, see the links at the bottom of the page.
These features are early access features that may be modified or even removed at any time.
Tip: To begin, you should avoid enabling Experimental features until you are familiar with the product.
You can now invite users to your project or workspace. See Invite Users.
Each invited user is automatically assigned the default role. If needed, you can modify or add other roles to the user account.
NOTE: Without modification, the default role assigned to users permits sufficient access to import, transform, and export data. Access to admin functions and other advanced features may be restricted.
Tip: Roles are additive. Users are permitted the maximum privileges in all assigned roles.
- In the Users, find the user to modify. Click the More (...) menu and select Edit.
- Select roles from the Roles drop-down.
- Then, click Edit user.
As needed, you can modify the privileges of existing roles or define new roles. For more information, see Getting Started with Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta.
This page has no comments.