Additional configuration may be required for individual connection types. For more information, see Connection Types.
Before you begin, you must enable the Alteryx Service within your database infrastructure. For more information, see Whitelist Platform Service.
Custom SQL Query
As needed, users can create custom SQL queries to import datasets through their relational connections. This capability enables more specificity to your imported data and can be used to limit the volume of data that is transferred, which improves import performance. For more information, see Create Dataset with SQL.
Configure SSH Tunnel Connectivity
As needed, you can configure SSH tunneling between the Designer Cloud application and your cloud-based database infrastructure. SSH tunneling provides a more secure method of connecting to your databases.
NOTE: SSH tunneling is enabled on a per-connection basis. If enabled for a connection type, the SSH options appear under the Advanced options in the Connection window.
- For more information, see Configure SSH Tunnel Connectivity.
- For more information, see Create Connection Window.
Relational Long Loading
When you are importing a dataset, the import process can be tracked through the Import Data page and the Library for Data page, and you can continue working in other areas while the data is imported.
By default, the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform attempts to infer the data type from schematized sources during import. In some cases, you may wish to disable type inference, which can be applied through the following mechanisms:
- Individual imported dataset type inference: See Import Data Page.
- Per-connection type inference: See Create Connection Window.
Enable OAuth 2.0 Connectivity
Some supported relational datastores support authentication using OAuth 2.0.
- For each system to which you want to connect, you must create a client app in the target system. For more information, see Enable OAuth 2.0 Authentication.
- For a target system for which you have created a client app, you must create at least one client in the Designer Cloud application. For more information, see Create OAuth2 Client.
This page has no comments.