OAuth 2.0 is an industry-standard protocol for authorization between systems. In the Alteryx® Analytics Cloud , it is implemented as a security protocol for access to data sources and publishing destinations. Trifacta adminstrators can enable users of the product to connect to specified third-party systems through an OAuth 2.0 client app that you create in the system, using an OAuth 2.0 client reference that is created in the Designer Cloud application .
When enabled and configured, the Designer Cloud application uses the OAuth 2.0 client to create a secure token, which is used to authenticate to the third-party system.Requirements:
- OAuth 2.0 client app: In the target system, you must create an object called a client app, which provides an authentication interface into the system for external connections.
- You must create one client app for each external system to which you are enabling connectivity.
- OAuth 2.0 client: In the Designer Cloud application , you must create at least one configuration object for each client app that you have created.
Details on these requirements are listed below.
Create OAuth 2.0 App
For each target system, you must create an OAuth 2.0 app in the system, which provides an external interface for the Alteryx Analytics Cloud .
NOTE: The requirements for creating an OAuth 2.0 app depend on the system. Some example setups are available below. For more information, please see the documentation provided with your target system.
Create OAuth 2.0 Client
Through the Designer Cloud application , you must create an OAuth 2.0 client that connects to the OAuth 2.0 app that you have created.
- In the Admin console, select OAuth 2.0 Clients. For more information, see OAuth 2.0 Clients Page.
- For more information on creating a client, see Create OAuth2 Client.
Authenticate OAuth 2.0 Connections
When you create a connection that uses OAuth 2.0, the specified connection must be authorized to be given access to the datastore. In the Create Connection window, click Authenticate.
NOTE: If you modify a connection or the tokens generated under the previous authorization have expired, you must re-authenticate the connection. Edit the connection and click Re-authenticate.
This page has no comments.