As needed, you can export a flow from Trifacta® SaaS. An exported flow is stored in a ZIP file that contains all objects needed to use the flow in any instance of that platform that can access the flow's sources.
NOTE: Only the flow owner can export a flow.
Exported flows can be imported into the same system or different systems. Flow export is useful for:
Backups of work in progress
You cannot import flows that were exported from a version before Release 6.8.
- Archiving of completed development work
- Migrating flows from one instance to another
An exported flow ZIP also includes:
.datafiles, which may be included as artifacts of feature usage.
- For transformation by example, artifact files include the value transformation information for the TBE step. For more information, see Overview of TBE.
- For cluster clean, artifact files contain the mappings between source values and clustered values. For more information, see Overview of Cluster Clean.
- Any configured webhook tasks are part of the flow definition. For more information, see Create Flow Webhook Task.
Export from Flows Page
- From the menu, select Flows.
- In Flows page, locate the flow to export. From the context menu, select Export.
- To export, click Download.
The ZIP file is downloaded to the default download location on your local desktop.
Tip: You can also export from Flow View. See Flow View Page.
NOTE: When you import a flow, you import this ZIP file. You cannot import the contents of the ZIP. If your local environment automatically unzips ZIP files, please re-ZIP before you import. For more information, see Import Flow.
This page has no comments.