This section provides an overview on how to export plans from one environment to another environment as a ZIP file.
You can export a plan from the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform from one system to another system as a zip file. The exported zip file contains a JSON file for the plan and JSON files for each referenced asset. The plan and its tasks are exported into the plan definition file.
NOTE: When you export a plan that has flow tasks, then all the corresponding flows are also exported.
For each flow included in the plan:
- Each flow is exported only once in a flow definition file, even if it is used in many plan flow tasks.
- If the flow contains any artifact files, they are included as
.datafiles next to the plan definition file. These files should be imported with the flow, too.
- You can unzip the exported plan ZIP, remove any of the flow files, and re-zip if you want to import the plan into the same workspace without replicating the flows.
- You can upload the plan as a single JSON file without re-zipping, if there are no flow files for the plan.
Plan exports are useful for:
- Backing up the work in progress on your plans
- Archiving of completed development work
The plan file does not include the plan schedules and their associated overrides.
Export from Plans page
- From the home page of the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform,navigate to Plans.
- In the Plans page, select the required plan. From the context menu, select Export.
- In the Export Plan window, select Download package(.zip).
- Enter any optional notes, if required.
The ZIP file is downloaded to the default download location of your desktop.
Tip: You can also export a plan from Plan View page.
This page has no comments.