A reference dataset is a link to the output of a set of transformation steps, which can been used elsewhere in the application.
NOTE: A reference dataset must be created from the context menu of a specific recipe. When added elsewhere, a reference dataset is a read-only object.
For more information on creating reference datasets, see View for Reference Datasets.
To create a reference dataset, click the plus icon next to the asset of interest and select Create Reference Dataset. The reference dataset is created from and linked to the source asset.
You can filter the reference datasets based on the ownership of the datasets.
- All: All reference datasets which you have access.
- Owned by me: All reference datasets that you own.
- Shared with me: All reference datasets that have been shared with you.
- Name: Name of the reference dataset.
- Owner: Owner of the reference dataset.
- In flows: Count of flows where the reference dataset is used.
- Source: Source asset from which the reference dataset was created.
- Last Updated: Timestamp when the reference dataset was modified.
- Browse: If displayed, use the page browsing controls to explore the available objects.
- Search: To search object names, enter a string in the search bar. Results are highlighted immediately in the page.
- Sort: Click a column header to sort the display by the column's entries.
Context menu options:
NOTE: The context menu options vary based on the ownership of the datasets.
Preview: Inspect a preview of the dataset.
NOTE: Preview is not available for binary format sources.
Edit name and description: Change the name and description of the dataset.
Delete Reference Dataset: Delete the dataset.
Deleting a reference dataset causes all references to it to be broken in the flows where it had been added. These broken references should be fixed by swapping in new sources.
This page has no comments.