NOTE: Before you begin, you should verify that your data management pipeline into and out of the platform has been appropriately defined. This pipeline includes how data is written to the output location. For more information, see Overview of Scheduling.
When you schedule a job, you create two objects:
NOTE: You must create both of these objects to schedule a job execution.
|Schedule||A schedule applies to the entire asset. It contains one or more intervals at which jobs are executed to deliver outputs include a scheduled destination.|
|Scheduled destination||A scheduled destination is an output location, format, and other settings that is populated with the results of execution.|
Add a Schedule
- Click Schedules in the Designer Cloud application.
- From the context menu, select Schedule.
- In the Add Schedule dialog, select your scheduling options:
- Timezone: Select the timezone to use to determine when to execute the specified schedule.
Frequency: Select the time and frequency of execution: Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or cron.
NOTE: Scheduling supports a modified version of cron scheduling syntax. For more information, see cron Schedule Syntax Reference.
To add another scheduled time, click Add.
- To save your schedule, click Save.
A Calendar icon appears in Flow View to indicate that the flow has a schedule associated with it.
Schedule a Destination
- To specify a destination for your schedule, click the asset you wish to execute at the scheduled time. If you have not done so already, create an output for it.
- In the right panel, locate the Scheduled destinations header. Click Add.
Specify an output location, format, and updating method.
- To edit the scheduled times, click the Calendar icon. Then, click Edit. Make changes as needed and save.
- To edit a scheduled destination, select the output in Flow View. In the right panel, click Edit next to the appropriate scheduled destination.
- To disable a schedule you control, locate the schedule in the Schedules page. From the schedule's context menu, click Disable.
- Administrators can disable any schedule in the Schedules page.
Delete a schedule
Locate the schedule in the Schedules page. From the schedule's context menu, click Delete.
Delete a destination
Tip: If you have deleted the schedule for the flow, you do not need to delete the scheduled destination. It cannot run without a schedule.
- In Flow View, select the output.
- In the right panel, select Delete Output from the context menu.
This page has no comments.