On April 28, 2021, Google is changing the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
After you have created a macro, you can apply it into any of your recipes.
- Macros are user-defined sequences of recipe steps that can be referenced independently and parameterized as needed.
- For more information on creating macros, see Create or Replace Macro.
- For more information, see Overview of Macros.
Insert in Recipe
- Through Flow View, edit the recipe into which you are inserting the macro.
- In the Recipe panel, click the recipe cursor to the location where you are inserting it. See Recipe Panel.
In the Transformer toolbar, click the Macros icon. See Transformer Toolbar.
Tip: In the Search panel in the Transform Builder, you can search for
Macroand then select the macro to use.
- Search for and select the macro to insert. The macro is displayed in the Transform Builder.
Specify any macro input values required for the macro.
NOTE: Macro input values must be literal values. Use of flow parameters or metadata references is not supported.
- To add the macro to the recipe, click Add.
- The macro is added as an Apply step.
Modify a Macro Instance
After a macro has been added to your recipe, the following options are available in the Apply step's context menu:
- Inspect macro: Click to see the definition of the macro. Definition is displayed in Wrangle .
Convert macro to steps: Convert the instance of the macro to a set of static steps.
NOTE: This option converts the instance of the macro. The macro still exists.
Replace the macro definition
If you want to modify the steps in your macro, please do the following:
- Convert the macro to steps.
- Perform your modifications to the steps. You can add or remove steps, too.
- Select all of the steps that are to be used in the new version of the macro.
- From the context menu, select Create or replace macro.
For more information, see Create or Replace Macro.
This page has no comments.