On April 28, 2021, Google changed the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
- Dataprep Enterprise Edition by Trifacta®
- Dataprep Professional Edition by Trifacta
- Dataprep Premium by Trifacta
- Dataprep Standard by Trifacta
Through the Create Connection window, you can create and edit connections between Dataprep by Trifacta® and remote storage.
NOTE: Access to this page in the application and privileges on its related objects is governed by roles in your workspace. For more information, please contact your workspace administrator.
- From Import Data page: By default, the window displays connections that support import. Deselect the checkbox to display all available connection types.
- From Run Job page: When you add a new connection as part of a publishing action, the window displays connections that support publishing by default.
From the Connections page: All available connections are displayed.
NOTE: Some connection types may not be available for your environment.
NOTE: In your environment, creation of connections may be limited to administrators only. For more information, please contact your Trifacta administrator.
General Connection Notes:
- After you create a connection, you cannot change its connection type. You must delete the connection and start again.
- Connections can be created, managed, shared, and deleted through the Connections page. See Connections Page.
Database Connection Notes:
- Database connections cannot be deleted if their databases host imported datasets that are in use by
Dataprep by Trifacta. Remove these imported datasets before deleting the connection.
Jobs created for datasets sourced from a database cannot be executed on a Spark-based running environment.
In the Connection Type window, you search or browse for the type of connection to create.
- Use the Search bar to perform real-time searches of connection types.
- Click one of the categories to browse for connection types that apply to the listed environment.
- Select the type of connection to continue:
Import only- Connection can be used only to import data into the platform.
Publish only- Connection can be used only to publish data from the platform to the connection target.
Import and publish- Connection can be used to import data and to publish your outputs.
NOTE: Some connection types may not be available. For a connection of this type has been created, its connection card is disabled.
For more information on these connections, See Connection Types.
|Host||Host of the database.|
Port by which to access the database host.
Default values are pre-populated based on the connection type you selected.
|Connect String Options|
(optional) If access to the database requires special connection string options, you may paste or enter them here.
You only need to provide the parameter and string value. Example:
To connect using SSL, click this checkbox.
If this checkbox is not present, SSL connections for this database type are not supported or are required:
No additional Connect String Options are required for supported database vendors.
NOTE: The database must be configured to receive SSL connections.
|Service Name||(Oracle only) Name of the service. For example, enter |
|Database||(PostgreSQL only) Name of the database to connect. The name of the default database is the username, so you should change this value in most cases.|
Depending on the type of datastore to which you are connecting, you may have multiple methods of providing credentials for authentication:
(basic credential type) Username to access the database. This value is encrypted for security.
(basic credential type) Password for the specified user. This value is encrypted for security.
|OAuth 2.0 Client|
(OAuth 2.0 credential type) Select the OAuth 2.0 client to use to connect to the datastore.
NOTE: You must create a separate connection for each OAuth 2.0 client that is available in the drop-down list.
When the above properties are specified, click Test Connection to validate that Dataprep by Trifacta can connect to the database.
|Advanced Options: Default Column Data Type Inference|
You can choose to enable or disable type inferencing for individual connections, when the connection is created or edited.
Display name of the connection, which appears in the application.
NOTE: This value must be unique among all connections.
|Connection Description||User-friendly description for the connection, which appears in the application.|
When you've finished, click Ok to save the connection.
After you have created your connection, run a simple job on data sourced from it.
NOTE: You can make the connection available to all users by sharing it. See Connections Page.
This page has no comments.