On April 28, 2021, Google changed the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
- Dataprep Enterprise Edition by Trifacta®
- Dataprep Professional Edition by Trifacta
- Dataprep Premium by Trifacta
Select connection types may be made available through Dataprep by Trifacta® prior to general availability and full support. These Early Preview connection types are intended to enable customers to get connected to their source data to begin building their data wrangling pipelines. The currently available Early Preview connection types are described below.
Early Preview connection types provide early access to and use of new connection types so that you may begin working with data in your connected datastores. Avoid deploying Early Preview connections into a production environment before testing in Dev/Testing environments. To send feedback, please contact Trifacta Support.
Unless explicitly stated below, each Early Preview connection type has the following limitations:
- Cloud/SaaS Premium only.
- Read-only. Writing back through the connection is not supported.
- Authentication. Access to the datastore must be completed through the listed and supported method for the connection type. Depending on the connection, the method may be limited to one of the following:
- Basic credentials (username/password)
- OAuth 2.0
- Methods of authentication not listed with the connection type are not supported.
- Limited data type support. All imported data is mapped to the following basic data types:
- Other data types, such Datetime, are not officially supported for Early Preview connections. They might be processed properly.
Additional possible limitations include:
- SSO is unlikely to be supported.
- Connect String Options cannot be applied to data modeling.
- Import uses a default schema, which may not show all of the available tables in the connected database.
- Of the available tables, some tables may not show all columns due to limitations in the data source.
- Performance through an Early Preview connection may be slower than for generally available connections.
- Connector-specific functionality that may require additional engineering may not be supported through the Early Preview connection.
Early Preview connections are made available through the Trifacta application with the intention of making them generally available and fully supported at some point in the future.
Tip: Using Early Preview connections can assist Trifacta in prioritizing them for general availability.
These connections are supported with the following limitations:
- These connections are supported only for importing datasets and generating samples.
- The configuration, supported use cases, supported data types, and limitations are subject to change prior to making the connection generally available.
- While it is the intention of Trifacta to make all Early Preview connections generally available for our customers, Trifacta reserves the right to remove the connection from availability at all or to change the connection at any time prior to general availability.
- Bugs found in Early Preview connections may not be fixed before general availability.
Avoid using Early Preview connections in production environments without testing them first in Development/Staging environments.
Coming Soon connections:
Connections that are labeled Coming Soon in the Trifacta application may be made available in the future. If you are interested to getting early access, please contact Trifacta Support.
Please complete the following steps to create any Early Preview connection.
- Login to the Trifacta application.
- In the left bar, click the Connections icon.
- In the Connections page, click Create.
- Select the appropriate card for the connection type. The cards for the connections below are marked: Early Preview.
- Specify the connection according to the instructions provided below.
- Verify the connection by creating an imported dataset.
For more information, see Connections Page.
Create Connection via API
Depending on your product edition, you may be able to create your connection via API.
To create an API connection, you must acquire the vendor, vendorName, and type information from the appropriate section below.
This section contains basic information on using connections to various types of supported storage.
- Connect to data: For more information, see Connect to Data.
Early Preview Connections
|Airtable Connections||Airtable is an easy-to-use online platform for creating and sharing relational databases. For more information, see https://airtable.com/. See Airtable Connections.|
|Cassandra Connections||Cassandra DB is a distributed system for deployment of a large number of nodes across multiple data centers. For more information, see https://cassandra.apache.org/. See Cassandra Connections.|
|Freshdesk Connections||Freshdesk by Freshworks is a cloud-based customer engagement service for managing customer interactions and the sales pipeline. For more information, see https://www.freshworks.com/. See Freshdesk Connections.|
|Google Analytics Connections||Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. For more information, see https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/#/provision. See Google Analytics Connections.|
|Greenplum Connections||Greenplum uses a high-performance architecture to distribute the load of multi-terabyte data warehouses and can leverage a system's resources in parallel to process a query. For more information, see https://greenplum.org/. See Greenplum Connections.|
|Hubspot Connections||Hubspot is an inbound marketing and sales platform that offers marketing, sales, customer service, and CRM software. For more information, see https://www.hubspot.com/. See Hubspot Connections.|
Mailchimp is a marketing application that enables you to maintain contact management practices and powerful data analysis. For more information, see https://mailchimp.com/. See Mailchimp Connections.
|MariaDb Connections||MariaDb is a popular open source relational database. It has been integrated into various cloud offerings and is the default database for many Linux distributions. For more information, see https://mariadb.org/. See MariaDb Connections.|
|Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Connections||Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales is a set of interconnected, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications and services designed to both transform and enable your core customers, employees, and business activities. For more information, see https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/sales/overview/. See Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Connections.|
|ServiceNow Connections||ServiceNow provides technical management support, such as IT service management and help desk functionality, to the IT operations of large corporations. For more information, see https://www.servicenow.com/ See ServiceNow Connections.|
is a payment gateway service provider that allows merchants to accept credit cards, contactless payments, and eChecks through their website and over an IP connection. For more information, see https://www.authorize.net/.
See Authorize.net Connections.
|CockroachDB Connections||Cockroach DB is a cloud-native SQL database for building global and scalable cloud services that survive disasters. For more information, see https://www.cockroachlabs.com/. See CockroachDB Connections.|
|DB2 Connections||IBM DB2 connects the different applications in your enterprise to your mainframe. For more information, see https://www.ibm.com/products/db2-connect. See DB2 Connections.|
|Google Data Catalog Connections||Google Data Catalog is a fully managed and highly scalable data discovery and metadata management service. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/data-catalog. See Google Data Catalog Connections.|
|Google Spanner Connections||Google Spanner is a fully managed relational database service that offers transactional consistency at global scale, schemas, and synchronous replication for high availability. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/spanner. See Google Spanner Connections.|
|Magento Connections||Magento is an e-commerce platform that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system and offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools. For more information, see https://magento.com/. See Magento Connections.|
|Redis Connections||Redis (Remote Dictionary Server), is a fast, open-source, in-memory key-value data store for use as a database, cache, message broker, and queue. For more information, see https://redis.io/. See Redis Connections.|
|Shopify Connections||Shopify is an e-commerce platform that provides online retailers with a suite of services such as payments, marketing, shipping, and customer engagement tools. See Shopify Connections.|
|Smartsheet Connections||Smartsheet is a project management and collaboration tool served in a simple spreadsheet layout. For more information, see https://www.smartsheet.com/. See Smartsheet Connections.|
Trello is a visual collaboration tool that enables you to organize and prioritize projects in a flexible and rewarding way. For more information, see https://trello.com/en-US.
See Trello Connections.
|QuickBase Connections||Quickbase is an application development platform that unites business and IT teams by enabling problem solvers to work together to safely, securely, and sustainably create an ecosystem of applications. For more information, see https://www.quickbase.com/. See QuickBase Connections.|
This page has no comments.