A macro is a reusable set of steps that are specified from within a recipe. For more information, see Overview of Macros.
You cannot import macros that were exported from a later release of the product.
- You cannot modify the macro definition JSON file outside of Dataprep by Trifacta Cloud.
Tip: If you re-import a macro into the same instance that still contains the source macro, the imported version is named the same as the source and automatically versioned for you.
- Export the macro from the source system. See Export Macro.
- Login to the import system, if needed.
- In the left nav bar, click Library for Data.
- In the Library for Data page, click Macros.
- In the Macros page, click Import Macro.
Select the JSON file containing the exported macro.
Tip: You can import multiple macros at the same time. Select each JSON file in the dialog box that you wish to import. Press
COMMAND+ click or
SHIFT+ click to select multiple macros for import.
- Click Open.
The macro is imported and available in the Macros page.
Import via API
If you have exported your macro using the APIs, you can import it into a new environment. For more information, seeDataprep by Trifacta: API Reference docs
This page has no comments.