A macro is a reusable set of steps that are specified from within a recipe. For more information, see Overview of Macros.
You cannot import macros that were exported from a later release of the product.
- You cannot modify the macro definition JSON file outside of Dataprep by Trifacta.
Tip: If you re-import a macro into the same instance that still contains the source macro, the imported version is named the same as the source and automatically versioned for you.
- Export the macro from the source system. See Export Macro.
- Login to the import system, if needed.
- In the left nav bar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Macros.
- In the Macros page, click Import Macro.
Select the JSON file containing the exported macro.
Tip: You can import multiple macros at the same time. Select each JSON file in the dialog box that you wish to import. Press
COMMAND+ click or
SHIFT+ click to select multiple macros for import.
- Click Open.
The macro is imported and available in the Macros page.
To use an imported macro, enter
macro in the Search panel in the Transform Builder. Select your macro and modify any macro inputs. For more information, see Apply a Macro.
Import via API
If you have exported your macro using the APIs, you can import it into a new environment. For more information, seeDataprep by Trifacta API Reference docs: Enterprise | Professional | Premium | Standard
This page has no comments.