An exported plan can be imported into Dataprep by Trifacta® into a different workspace.
- You cannot import a plan that was exported in the earlier release.
- You cannot import schedules while importing a plan.
- You cannot modify plan definitions outside of the Trifacta application.
NOTE: After importing a plan, the objects referenced in the included flows must be connected to the corresponding resources available in the target system. For more information, see Import Flow.
Import into a new Google Cloud Platform project
When a plan is imported from one Google Cloud Platform (GCP) project into another GCP project, the underlying data must be accessible through the imported plan in the new GCP project. This means:
- Source data must be accessible to all users who have access to the imported plan. For more information:
- If the plan is shared with other users of the project, they must have access to the underlying data.
- Samples are not included in the import. They must be re-created in the new workspace.
NOTE: If the above requirements are not met for plans imported into a different project, users may experience 403 Access Forbidden errors when attempting to connect to the plan or its underlying assets.
NOTE: If you import a plan from Dataprep by Trifacta Premium into Dataprep by Trifacta Standard, you may encounter soft validation errors during job execution. If the imported plan uses custom VPC mode, then the job execution may fail, since the network may be inaccessible. Workaround
- Set the VPC mode to Auto, OR
- Set accessible VPC options before you run your job.
For more information, see Dataflow Execution Settings.
NOTE: When you import a plan, the corresponding flow tasks and HTTP tasks in the plan are also imported.
- When you import a plan, you must import a ZIP file containing the JSON definition and any included flows.
- You can import the plan as a single JSON file without copying the flow files, as it reuses the existing flow files in the workspace.
- From the home page of Dataprep by Trifacta, navigate to Plans.
From the context menu of the Plans page, select Import.
Tip: You can import multiple plans (ZIP files) through the file browser or through drag-and-drop. Press
COMMAND+ click or
SHIFT+ click to select multiple files for import.
- From the Import Plans window, select the exported zip file from your system and click Open.
The plan is imported and available for use in the Plans page.
This page has no comments.