You can import one or more files into the Dataprep by Trifacta Cloud.
NOTE: When you import a file, the data is not stored in the Dataprep by Trifacta Cloud. What you create is an imported dataset, which is simply a reference to the source of the data. The Dataprep by Trifacta Cloud never stores or modifies source data.
NOTE: Before you begin, you should review information on file formats supported for import, which cause your files to fail to import or to be properly ingested and formatted. For more information, see Supported File Formats.
- From the menubar, click Library for Data.
- In the Library for Data page, click Import Data.
- From the left sidebar in the Import Data page, select the connection where your data is located.
- You must have read permissions on any directory and file that you wish to import.
Upload: Navigate your local desktop to select the file or files that you wish to upload.
Tip: You can select multiple files in the same directory for uploading at the same time.
- File-based datastore: If you are uploading from a file-based backend datastore, navigate the available directories to locate your file.
- Microsoft Excel: If you are importing an Excel file that contains multiple worksheets, you must select the worksheets to include as part of your import.
Dataset with Parameters: If you are importing multiple files with similar filenames, you can import them as part of the same dataset using parameters or variables. In this manner, you create a single imported dataset, which automatically includes any new files that appear in the directory and that follow the same file naming pattern.
- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a file that you have imported.
- Detect structure: By default, the application attempts to detect the file structure to convert it into a tabular format. Disable this setting only if you are experiencing issues with automated detection.
- If your file uses a different file encoding than the default encoding, you can change it for the file during the import process.
When you are ready to complete the import process.
Tip: If present, you can click the Add to new flow checkbox, which adds the imported datasets to a new flow.
- Your files are available as imported datasets.
For more information, see Import Data Page.
This page has no comments.