- OAuth 2.0 is supported for Workday.
OAuth 2.0 authentication must be enabled in the Dataprep by Trifacta Cloud. For more information, see Enable OAuth 2.0 Authentication.
Create OAuth 2.0 Client App in Workday
In the Workday console, you must create the client app.
- Login to Workday: https://www.myworkday.com/tenant.htm
- Search for Register API client.
Specify the following fields:
Field Description Client Name The name of the app. Client Grant Type
Select Authorization Grant Type.
Access Token Type
Specify the URL:
Enable Custom Objects > System.
Add any other applicable scopes.
Include Workday Owned Scope Check the box.
- To create the new registration, select OK.
- Workday displays the app info. Save the Client ID, Client Secret, Authorization URLs, and Token URLs.
Create OAuth 2.0 Client for Workday
After the Workday client app is created, you must create an OAuth 2.0 client in the Dataprep by Trifacta application, which is used to integrate with the OAuth 2.0 Client app that you created in Azure.
- Login to the Dataprep by Trifacta application as a workspace administrator.
- In the lefthand menu, select User menu > Admin console > OAuth 2.0 Clients.
- In the OAuth 2.0 Clients page, click Register OAuth 2.0.0 Client.
Specify the fields for the new client:
Field Description Type Workday Name Enter a name for the client. Client ID
Paste the value of the Client ID that was generated when you created the client app in Workday.
Paste the value of the Client Secret that was generated when you created the client app in Workday.
Paste the value of the Authorization URLs that was generated when you created the client app in Workday.
Paste the value of the Token URLs that was generated when you created the client app in Workday.
Scopes Set to system. Access Token Expires In Set this value to the following:
Refresh Token Expires In Set this value to the following:
- To save your OAuth 2.0 client, click Save.
For more information, see Create OAuth2 Client.
Create Workday Connection
After you have created the two OAuth 2.0 client references, you can create a connection to your Workday data.
NOTE: You must create a separate connection for each OAuth 2.0 client that is available in the Dataprep by Trifacta application.
For more information, see Workday Connections.
This page has no comments.