On January 27, 2021, Google is changing the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
When you select a dataset with parameters in Flow View, additional options are available in the context panel and its context menu.
For more information on these objects, see Overview of Parameterization.
- Recipe: Add a recipe for this dataset.
- Join: Join this dataset with another recipe or dataset. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Join Window.
- Union: Union this dataset with one or more recipes or datasets. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Union Page.
- View dataset details: Explore details of the dataset. See Dataset Details Page.
- Edit name and description: (Available to flow owner only) Change the name and description for the object.
- Remove structure: (If applicable) Remove the initial parsing structure. When the structure is removed:
- The dataset is converted to an unstructured dataset. An unstructured dataset is the source data converted into a flat file format.
- All steps to shape the dataset are removed. You must break up columns in manual steps in any recipe created from the object.
- See View for Unstructured Datasets.
- Remove from Flow: Remove the dataset from the flow.
All dependent flows, outputs, and references are not removed from the flow. You can replace the source for these objects as needed.
NOTE: References to the deleted dataset in other flows remain broken until the dataset is replaced.
When you select a dataset with parameters in Flow View, you can review the parameters that have been specified for the selected dataset in the right panel.
This page has no comments.