On April 28, 2021, Google is changing the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
A reference dataset is a reference to a recipe's outputs that has been added to a flow other than the one where the recipe is located. When a reference dataset is selected, details are available in the context menu.
NOTE: A reference dataset is a read-only object in the flow where it is referenced. You cannot select or use a reference dataset until a reference has been created in the source flow from the recipe to use. For more information, see View for Recipes.
To add a reference dataset:
- From the source flow, select the reference object and click Add to Flow in the Details options.
From the Add -
Untitledto dialog, where
Untitledis the name of the reference object, select the required flow or click Create new flow. For more information, see Create Flow Page.
Icon context menu
The following menu options are available when you select the plus icon next to the referenced dataset:
- Add new recipe: Add a new recipe extending from the current recipe. This new recipe operates on the outputs of the original recipe.
- Add Join: Add a join step as the new last step to the recipe. For more information, see Join Window.
- Add Union: Add a union step as the new last step to the recipe. For more information, see Union Page.
The following options are available in the details context menu when you select a referenced dataset.
- Recipe: Add a recipe for this dataset.
- Join: Join this dataset with another recipe or dataset. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Join Window.
- Union: Union this dataset with one or more recipes or datasets. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Union Page.
- View in library: Review details on the flows where the dataset is used.
- Go to original reference: Open in Flow View the flow containing the original dataset for this reference.
- Remove from Flow: Remove the dataset from the flow.
All dependent flows, outputs, and references are not removed from the flow. You can replace the source for these objects as needed.
NOTE: References to the deleted dataset in other flows remain broken until the dataset is replaced.
Tip: You can also right-click the referenced dataset to view all the menu options.
NOTE: Reference datasets marked with a red dot no longer have a source dataset for them in the other flow. These upstream dependencies should be fixed. See Fix Dependency Issues.
When you select a reference dataset in flow view, the following are available in the right-hand panel.
Source Flow: Flow that contains the dataset. Click the link to open the Flow View page for that dataset.
This page has no comments.