Registered users of this product or Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise should login to Product Docs through the application.
Through the Column Browser panel, you can use data quality bars and data type information to perform basic review of data across many columns. You can use these tools to select data of interest for display in the data grid or Column Details views or to prompt for suggestions of recipe steps.
- You can also use the Column Browser to toggle the display of individual columns in the Trifacta® Application.
- To open the Column Browser, click Columns in the toolbar for the Transformer page.
- To return to the Transformer page, click Grid in the toolbar.
You can select one or more columns in the browser and then perform actions on them.
Enter a string in the search box to filter the list of columns immediately based on your entered string.
You can apply one or more filters to limit the set of columns displayed in the browser:
NOTE: Filters are additive.
- Filter by data type: Select one or more data types to display only those columns.
- Filter by data quality: You can filter to select only columns that contain mismatched or missing values or both.
- Filter by visibility: Select to display visible or hidden columns.
To restart your filtering, click Clear all filters.
In the browser, you can manually select one or more columns or apply one of the predefined selections.
- To select a range of columns, click a column, press
SHIFTand then click the ending column.
- To select multiple discrete columns, press
COMMANDand click additional columns.
- To toggle selection of a column, click it again.
For any individual column:
Click the Eye icon to hide/show of the column in the Transformer page.
NOTE: Hidden columns are only removed from view in the Transformer page. They still appear in any generated output.
- Click the color bars in the data quality bar to review counts.
- Right-click a column to display a list of actions in the context menu. Column actions apply only to the selected column and depend on its data type. See Column Menus.
For multiple selected columns: from the Action menu, you can choose an action from a menu of options that apply to all of the data types of the selected columns.
This page has no comments.