Registered users of this product or Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise should login to Product Docs through the application.
In the Transformer page, you interact with a sample from the dataset. Depending on your current tasks, you may want to hide columns or rows of the sample, so that you can focus on the task at hand.
- The displayed sample for smaller datasets may be the full dataset.
For Trifacta Wrangler, sample sizes are limited to a maximum of 10MB of random data from the full dataset. If the full dataset is smaller than this limit, the full dataset is displayed.
- Columns or filtered rows that are hidden from view are not removed from the dataset. They are included in any output. Please note that hidden columns can be affected by recipe steps. You should get in the habit of reviewing the Visible Columns panel and the Filters panel before running a job.
Toggle Display of Columns
- To toggle display of a single column in the data grid, select the drop-down next to the column name. Then, select Edit column > Hide.
- See Column Menus.
To show a hidden column, click the Eye icon in the status bar at the bottom of the page. In the Visible Columns panel, click the Eye icon next to the column name. The column is displayed again in the data grid or column browser.
Tip: You can use the Visible Columns panel to toggle the display of single columns or multiple columns at the same time. See Visible Columns Panel.
- You can also hide one or more columns through the Column Browser.
- In the Transformer page, click Columns. In the Column Browser, select the column or columns to hide. From the Actions drop-down, select Edit > Hide.
- See Column Browser Panel.
- Hidden columns must be resurfaced through the Visible Columns panel.
Filter the Data Grid
In the data grid panel, you can apply row- or column-based filters. At the top of the data grid, click Filters. In the drop-down:
- Columns: Search for individual columns or filter columns of a specific type. Filtered columns are displayed, and the rest are hidden.
- Rows: Highlight search term matches found in any column for a row.
For more information, see Filter Panel.
Filter during Previews
When you are constructing transforms, the expected results are previewed in the data grid. As needed, you can narrow the display to only the affected rows, columns, or both. Select the appropriate checkbox or checkboxes in the status bar at the bottom of the Transformer page.
For more information, see Data Grid Panel.
For more information on previewed transforms, see Transform Preview.
Remove Data Permanently
For more information on how to permanently remove rows and columns of data from the sample and the dataset, see Remove Data.
This page has no comments.