Registered users of this product or Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise should login to Product Docs through the application.
Trifacta® Wrangler can import data from a variety of flat file formats.
NOTE: The Trifacta Application does not modify a source. Instead, a set of metadata is associated with the raw data, which enables the storage and transformation of the source. On export, a new version of the data is written to the preferred output destination.
For more information on the formats supported for input, see Supported File Formats.
- When data is imported, it is stored by the platform as an imported dataset. This reference object is not modified.
- A wrangled dataset can be created from an imported dataset. A wrangled dataset associates an imported dataset and a recipe to modify the data. See Create dataset below.
- For more information on the differences, see Imported vs Wrangled Dataset.
NOTE: In the Trifacta Application, you modify the recipe associated with a dataset to transform the imported data.
NOTE: Any user with a valid user account can import data from a local file.
- Login to the Trifacta Application.
- In the menubar, click Datasets. Click Import Data.
To add a dataset:
- Among the connections in the left panel, click Add File.
- In the main panel, click Choose File.
- Navigate your local environment to select the file to upload. You can select multiple files to upload. For this example, select only one file.
- Click Open.
To begin working with a dataset, you must first import it into a flow, which is a container for datasets. Click the Add Dataset to a Flow checkbox and enter the name for a new flow.
Tip: If you have selected a single file, you can begin wrangling it immediately. Click Import and Wrangle. The flow is created for you, and your dataset is added to it.
- Click Import & Add to Flow.
- After the flow has been created, open the flow and select the dataset to begin transforming it. See Transform Basics.
This page has no comments.