Registered users of this product or Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise should login to Product Docs through the application.
Through the Import Dataset page, you can upload datasets or select datasets from sources that are stored on connected datastores. From the Datasets page, click Import Data.
To import a new dataset:
NOTE: Trifacta Wrangler expects that each row of data in the import file is terminated with a consistent newline character, including the last one in the file. For single files lacking this final newline character, the final record may be dropped. For multi-file imports lacking a newline in the final record of a file, this final record may be merged with the first one in the next file and then dropped depending on your running environment.
- Connect to the the source of your data:
Add file: Trifacta® Wrangler can load files from your local file system.
Tip: You can drag and drop files from your desktop to the Choose File area to upload them.
NOTE: In Trifacta Wrangler, aliases and shortcuts to files are not supported.
NOTE: Input files may be up to 100 MB in size.
For more information on the supported input formats, see Supported File Formats.
- Add datasets:
Excel files: Click the Plus icon next to the parent workbook to add all of the worksheets as a single dataset, or you can add individual sheets as individual datasets.
Tip: If you experience issues uploading XLS/XLSX files that are larger than 35MB, you can convert the files to CSV files and then upload them.
See Import Excel Data.
- When a dataset has been selected, the following fields appear on the right side of the screen. Modify as needed:
- Dataset Name: This name appears in the Trifacta Application.
Dataset Description: You may add an optional description that provides additional detail about the dataset. This information is available in some areas of the Trifacta Application.
Tip: Click the Eye icon to inspect the contents of the dataset prior to importing.
You can select a single dataset or multiple datasets for import. For more information, see Import Multiple Datasets below.
If you have selected a single dataset for import:
NOTE: A wrangled dataset must be created and added to a flow before you can wrangle it.
- To immediately wrangle it, click Import & Wrangle. The imported dataset is added to the application. From it, a wrangled dataset is created and added to a flow and loaded in the Transformer page for wrangling. See Transformer Page.
- To import the dataset, click Import. The imported dataset is created. You can create a wrangled dataset and add it to a flow and wrangle it later. See Datasets Page.
- If you have selected multiple datasets for import:
- To import the selected datasets, click Import Datasets. The imported datasets are created. You can begin working with these imported datasets now or at a later time.
- To import the selected datasets and add them to a flow:
- Click the Add Dataset to a Flow checkbox.
- Click the textbox to see the available flows, or start typing a new name.
- Click Import & Add to Flow.
- The datasets are imported, and the associated wrangled datasets are created. These datasets are added to the selected flow.
- For any dataset that has been added to a flow, you can review and perform actions on it. See Flow View Page.
- If you are not wrangling the datasets immediately, the datasets you just imported are listed at the top of the Datasets page. See Datasets Page.
Import Multiple Datasets
You can import multiple datasets from multiple sources at the same time. In the Import Dataset page, continue selecting sources from the same or different connections, and additional dataset cards are added to the right panel.
You can edit the dataset cards as needed.
This page has no comments.