Registered users of this product or Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise should login to Product Docs through the application.
Transform cards provide a means to select relevant suggestions for transform steps to apply to the data that you select in the Transformer page. The suggestions vary depending on the data you have selected. You can then use the cards to preview the results in the Data Grid, so that you are confident that the proposed transformation works for your dataset.
- Transform cards are displayed at the bottom of the Transformer page when you select something in the data.
- If these cards are not displaying, click the Grid Options menu in the Transformer Page. Select Card Suggestions.
Tip: As you mouse over areas of the Transformer page and its panels, the lightbulb ( icon appears next to the cursor to indicate that the Trifacta® Application has some suggestions. Select the data to see the transform suggestions.)
In the following example, your dataset contains a column of URLs. Within one of the values, you can select the
http:// value, which then triggers an appropriate set of transform cards at the bottom of the page:
In the above image, the Extract transformation has been selected, with parameters specified to extract the the selected string from the source column (
Primary_Website_or_URL). You can see the potential results of the transformation in the generated preview column (
Primary_Website_or_URL1). This selection may not be your intention. Options:
Select a different transform card. In this case, you might click the
replacecard, so that you can remove the protocol identifier string.
Tip: Among the transform cards, use horizontal scrolling to see other transform cards that are off-screen.
Click a variant of the currently selected transform card. At the bottom of each card is a series of one or more dots. Click one of these variants for modifications to the selected transform.
Tip: When you select a different transform variant in the transform card, the Preview is automatically updated to reflect the variation. Pay attention to the differences in the generated Preview. You can always modify the transform to review the detailed differences.
Tip: As you select variants further to the right in the transform card, the variants typically become more specific in their changes to the dataset or rarer in their usage.
- Modify the selected transform. To edit the raw Wrangle, click Modify. You can fine-tune parameters of the transform or create a new one from scratch. See Transform Builder.
- To apply a suggestion, select the data, and then choose the suggestion to apply from the list of cards. Click Add to Recipe.
- If needed, you can customize the selected suggestion in the Transform Editor. Click Modify. See Transform Builder.
- To generate a new set of transform cards, click Cancel. Then, select a different set of columns or values within a column.
Tip: By default, suggestion cards are displayed in natural language. To see suggestions in native Wrangle, you can change the setting in the options in the top-right corner of the data grid. For more information, see Data Grid Panel.
This page has no comments.