When you import data into Trifacta® Wrangler, you are creating a reference to a source of data; the source is never touched. When the data is required for use, Trifacta Wrangler reads a sample of the source data into the application for your use. Data is read into the application through an object called a connection.
The following are the supported types of connection for the product:
- Upload/Download: You can upload data directly from your local desktop. You can also save it locally on export.
You already have a set of connections that you can use. Connections can be either read-only or read-write.
- In the Home page, click the Library icon in the left nav bar.
- In the Library page, click Import Data.
- In the Import Data page, your list of available connections is displayed in the left nav bar. In this location, you can use the listed connections to read from data only.
See Import Data Page.
- In the Import Data page, select one of the available connections.
- Navigate the connection's environment to select the asset to import.
- Select the object and click Open.
- In the Import Data page, review the settings of the asset in the card in the right panel. Make updates as needed.
- See Import a File.
For more information, see Import Data Page.
NOTE: You cannot write or publish results until connections have been created for you.
You write results through a connection by specifying a set of settings.
- In the Run Job page, click Add Publishing Action.
- In the left nav bar, select the connection.
- Specify the settings for the publishing action.
- Run the job.
- When it successfully completes, the specified results are published through the selected connection.
See Run Job Page.
This page has no comments.