Every flow requires an output in order to publish results. An output object is composed of one or more publishing actions. A publishing action defines the output type, format, location, and other settings where results from a recipe are delivered.
You can create publishing actions in multiple formats and publish those to different databases and file storage formats. The following are the output types:
- File-based outputs such as CSV.
Create an Output
You can use either of the following methods to create an output object and its related publishing action:
From Flow View:
In Flow View, an output object extends from a recipe, indicating the results of the recipe are delivered to the output object.
- Open your flow in Flow View.
- In Flow View, you can:
- Right-click a recipe. Select Add Output to run.
- If an output already exists, select it.
- The output is displayed in the Details panel on the right-side.
- In the Details column under Manual Settings, click Edit.
- In the Publishing Settings page, click Add Publishing Action.
From Run Job page:
You can also create outputs from the Run Job page.
- In Flow View, click Run Job.
- In the Run Job page, you can edit or add new outputs. To create a new one, click Add Publishing Action.
For more information on Flow View, see Flow View Page.
For more information on creating output objects, see View for Outputs.
Output Files for Download
In the Run Job page for Trifacta Wrangler, you can choose the output format for files that you can download: CSV or JSON.
Based on your selection, the following options are defined for you:
|Option||Compression||Number of Files||Headers||With Quotes||Delimiter|
- Compression: Output files are not compressed.
- Number of files: Outputs are contained in a single file.
- Headers: CSV file format supports the insertion of headers as the first row in the output.
- With Quotes: Field values in the file are marked by double-quote (") marks.
- Delimiter: Fields (columns) are separated in the file by commas (,).
Edit an Output
From Flow View page:
- Right-click an output object. The object details are displayed in the context panel.
- In the context panel, select the Manual Settings tab. Then, click Edit. The Publishing Actions page is displayed.
- Make changes as needed in the Publishing Actions page. To save your changes, click Update.
From Run Job page:
In the Run Job page, hover over the publishing action to modify. Click Edit.
Delete an Output
You can delete the output object from the Flow View and from Run Jobs page:
Flow View page:
- In the Flow View, select the output.
- In the right panel, select Delete Output from the context menu.
Run Jobs page:
Select Delete from the context menu of the Publishing Actions.
For more information, see Run Job Page.
This page has no comments.