- To create a new flow, click Create Flow. To rename the new flow, click the
Untitledvalue at the top of the page. See Create Flow Page.
You can organize your flows into folders. A folder is simply a container for your flows. To create a folder, click Create. Then, select Create Folder. For more information, see "Flows" below.
All flows tab
This tab includes all flows accessible to the user, either as owner or collaborator.
Owned by me tab
This tab contains the flows that you have created.
Name: The name of the flow.
- Click the flow name to review the flow, its datasets, and its recipes. See Flow View Page.
- Owner: Indicates the user who is the owner of the flow.
- Contains: Count of datasets and recipes in the flow.
- Last Updated: Timestamp for the last time that the flow was modified.
Create: From the Create menu, choose to create a flow or a folder for holding flows.
For more information on creating a flow, see Create Flow Page.
For more information on folders, see "Folders" below.
Import: From the context menu, select Import Flow to import a flow into this instance. See Import Flow.
Search: To search flow names, enter a string in the search bar. Results are highlighted immediately in the Flows page.
- Sort: Click a column header to sort the display by the column's entries.
The following options are available on the right side of a flow's entry:
- Rename: Change the name and description of the flow.
- Duplicate: Create a copy of the flow. The copied flow is owned by the user who copied it.
- Move: Move the flow to a new or existing folder. See "Folders" below.
- Export: (Available to flow owner only) Export the flow from Trifacta Wrangler . For more information, see Export Flow.
Delete: Delete the flow.
Deleting a flow removes all recipes and related objects contained in the flow. If copies of these objects exist in other flows, they are not touched. Imported datasets are not deleted by this action.
You can use folders to organize your flows. For example, you can use folders to group flows by project, by source of data, or by other meaningful grouping.
- Each flow in a folder is an independent object. Permissions can vary between flows in a folder and should be reviewed after adding them.
- You can only move flows that you own.
- You cannot create nested folders.
To create a folder, click the Create button. Then, select Create Folder. Enter a name and description for the folder. These values appear in the application. Click Create.
Tip: When you move a flow, you can optionally choose to create a new folder for it.
- To move a flow to a folder, select Move from the context menu on the right side of the screen for the flow.
- To move the flow, select the name of the flow. Click Move.
- To search folder names, enter your search string in the Search textbox.
- To move the flow into a new folder, click Create new folder. Enter a meaningful name and description for the folder. Select Move to new folder.
To delete a folder, select Delete Folder from the context menu on the right side of the screen.
This step deletes the folder and all flows within it. This step cannot be undone.
For folders, the following options are available in the context menu.
- Import flow: Import the exported flow to Trifacta Wrangler
- Edit Folder name and description: Change the name and description of the folder.
Delete Folder: Delete the folder and all flows within it.
Deleting a folder also removes any flows within it. This action cannot be undone.
This page has no comments.