The Flows page displays the flows to which you have access and lets you create, review, and manage them.
- A flow is an object for bringing together and organizing the datasets, recipes, and other objects that you use to generate your results.
You can organize your flows into folders. A folder is simply a container for your flows. To create a folder, click Create. Then, select Create Folder. For more information, see Using Folders below.
Name: The name of the flow and its description (if any).
- Click the flow name to review the flow, its datasets, and its recipes. See Flow View Page.
- Datasets: Count of datasets and recipes in the flow.
- Last Updated: Timestamp for the last time that the flow was modified.
Create: From the Create menu, choose to create a flow or a folder for holding flows. For more information on folders, see Using Folders below.
- Search: To search flow names, enter a string in the search bar. Results are highlighted immediately in the Flows page.
- Sort: Click a column header to sort the display by the column's entries.
The following options are available on the right side of a flow's entry:
- Make a copy: Create a copy of the flow. The copied flow is owned by the user who copied it.
Move to: Move the flow to a new or existing folder. See Using Folders below.
- Edit name and description: Change the name and description of the flow.
Delete: Delete the flow.
Deleting a flow removes all recipes and related objects contained in the flow. If copies of these objects exist in other flows, they are not touched. Imported datasets are not deleted by this action.
For folders, the following options are available in the context menu.
- Edit Folder name and description: Change the name and description of the folder.
Delete Folder: Delete the folder and all flows within it.
Deleting a folder also removes any flows within it. This action cannot be undone.
Manage Flows with Folders
Folders allow you to group related flows into a common organizing structure. For example, you can use folders to group flows by project, by source of data, or by other meaningful grouping.
- Each flow in a folder is an independent object. Permissions can vary between flows in a folder and should be reviewed after adding them.
- You can only move flows that you own.
You can create a folder in one of two ways:
- Click the Create button. Then, select Create Folder. Enter a name and description for the folder. These values appear in the application. Click Save.
- When you move a flow, you can optionally create a new folder for it. See below.
Move to Folder
To move a flow to a folder, select Move to from the context menu on the right side of the screen for the flow.
- To move the flow, select the name of the flow. Click Move.
- To search folder names, enter your search string in the Search textbox.
- To move the flow into a new folder, click Create new folder. Enter a meaningful name and description for the folder. Select Move to new folder.
To delete a folder, select Delete Folder from the context menu on the right side of the screen.
This step deletes the folder and all flows within it. This step cannot be undone.
This page has no comments.