You can import one or more files into the Library or immediately add them to a new or existing flow.
NOTE: When you import a file, the data is not stored in Trifacta® Wrangler. What you create is an imported dataset, which is simply a reference to the source of the data. Trifacta Wrangler never stores or modifies source data. For more information, see Object Overview.
Other import options:
- From the menubar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Import Data.
- From the left sidebar in the Import Data page, select the connection where your data is located.
- You must have read permissions on any directory and file that you wish to import.
Upload: Navigate your local environment to select the file or files that you wish to upload.
Tip: You can select multiple files in the same directory for uploading at the same time.
- Microsoft Excel: If you are importing an Excel file that contains multiple worksheets, you must select the worksheets to include as part of your import. For more information, see Import Excel Data.
- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a file that you have imported.
- By default, the application applies a few steps to file-based imported datasets to attempt to organize them into tabular format and hides these steps from your recipe. As needed, you can disable these automated steps, so that the steps themselves appear in the Recipe panel. For more information, see Remove Initial Structure.
- If your file uses a different file encoding than the default encoding, you can change it for the file during the import process. For more information, see Change File Encoding.
- When you are ready to complete the import process:
- If you are importing a single file: click Import to load it into the Library page. Or, you can click Import & Wrangle to import the file, add it to a flow of the same name, create a recipe for the imported dataset and begin editing that recipe in the Transformer page.
- If you are importing multiple files: click Import Datasets to load them into the Library page. Or, you can click the Add Datasets to Flow checkbox to select or create the flow to which to add these imported datasets. Click Import & Add to Flow.
- Your files are imported as imported datasets.
For more information, see Import Data Page.
This page has no comments.