This section describes the basics of creating Tableau Server connections from within the application.
NOTE: If you are connecting Trifacta Wrangler Pro to any relational source of data, such as Redshift or Oracle, you must add the Trifacta Service to your whitelist for those resources. For more information, see Getting Started with Trifacta Wrangler Pro.
NOTE: You can export Tableau files as part of exporting results from the platform. For more information, see Publishing Dialog.
NOTE: The Tableau Server to which you are connecting must be available over the public Internet, and access must be permitted through any firewall.
- This connection type only enables publication.
- You cannot read data from Tableau Server.
- When created in the application, publish-only connections must be created through the Connections page.
Enable Hyper format
Hyper format generation is enabled by default. To enable the generation of results into Hyper format, please verify the following:
- Login as an administrator.
- You apply this change through the Workspace Settings Page. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Locate the following setting:
- Set it to
- No other configuration is required.
The user who is publishing to Tableau Server must have exec permissions on the temporary directory on the backend datastore. This directory is used to write the intermediate file format locally, before it is published to Tableau Server. For more information, see Supported File Formats.
Create Tableau Server Connection
Create through application
Any user can create a Tableau Server connection through the application.
NOTE: Only an administrator can make a Tableau Server connection available for all users.
- In the left nav bar, select the Connections icon. See Connections Page.
- In the Connections page, click Create Connection. See Create Connection Window.
- In the Create Connection window, click the Tableau Server connection card.
Specify the properties for your Tableau Server.
Property Description Server URL
The URL to the Tableau Server to which you are connecting. To specify an SSL connection, use
https://for the protocol identifier.
NOTE: By default, this connection assumes that the port number is
80. To use a different port, you must specify it as part of the Server name value:
Enter the value that appears after
/site/in your target location.
Example target URL:
Enter the following for the Site setting:
User Name The username to use to connect. Password The password associated with the username. Test Connection Click this button to test the connection that you have specified. Connection Name The name of the connection as you want it to appear in the user interface. Description This description is displayed in the user interface.
For more information, see Create Connection Window.
This page has no comments.