A macro that has been exported from the Trifacta® Wrangler Pro can be imported back into the product.
- A macro is a reusable set of steps that are specified from within a recipe. For more information, see Overview of Macros.
- For more information on creating a macro, see Create a Macro.
You cannot import macros that were exported from a later release of the product.
- You cannot modify the macro definition JSON file outside of Trifacta Wrangler Pro.
Tip: If you re-import a macro into the same instance that still contains the source macro, the imported version is named the same as the source and automatically versioned for you.
- Export the macro from the source system. See Export Macro.
- Login to the import system, if needed.
- In the left nav bar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Macros.
- In the Macros page, click Import Macro.
Select the JSON file containing the exported macro.
Tip: You can import multiple macros at the same time. Select each JSON file in the dialog box that you wish to import.
- Click Open.
The macro is imported and available in the Macros page.
To use an imported macro, enter
macro in the Search panel in the Transform Builder. Select your macro and modify any parameters. For more information, see Apply a Macro.
This page has no comments.