Trifacta Wrangler Pro is no longer available. This space will be removed soon. Please visit this page instead: Import a Table
You can import one or more tables into the Library or immediately add them to a new or existing flow.
NOTE: When you import a file, the data is not stored in Trifacta® Wrangler Pro. What you create is an imported dataset, which is simply a reference to the source of the data. Trifacta Wrangler Pro never stores or modifies source data. For more information, see Object Overview.
Other import options:
- From the menubar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Import Data.
- From the left sidebar in the Import Data page, select the connection to the relational datastore where your data is located.
- Browse the relational datastore to locate the table that you wish to import.
- You must have read permissions on any database and table that you wish to import. For more information, see Using Databases.
- Create Dataset with SQL: You can apply a custom SQL statement to import from a database. For more information, see Create Dataset with SQL.
- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a table that you have imported.
- The application's data types are applied to the table's columns during the import process. If needed, you can disable type inference, so that the data types of the original source are preserved, if possible, during import. For more information, see Disable Type Inference.
When you are ready to complete the import process:
Tip: If present, you can click the Add to new flow checkbox, which adds the imported datasets to an
Untitledflow. For more information, see Flow View Page.
- Your tables are available as imported datasets.
For more information, see Import Data Page.
This page has no comments.