Trifacta Wrangler Pro is no longer available. This space will be removed soon. Please visit this page instead: Tableau Server Datasource Settings
When publishing to Tableau Server through the Run Job page, please complete the following steps to configure the datasource and settings to apply to the publish action.
- A datasource is a table in your Tableau Server datastore that can be used as an input for your Tableau Server projects. For more information, see https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/datasource.htm.
- For more information on creating a connection, see Tableau Server Connections.
- For more information on how types are written to Tableau, see Tableau Hyper Data Type Conversions.
- Select location: Navigate the Tableau Server browser to select the project and datasource to use for your publication.
- For more information on projects, see https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/projects.htm.
- To create a new datasource, click Create a new datasource.
- For more information, see https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/datasource.htm.
- Datasource options:
- Datasource name:
- New datasource: enter a datasource for it. You may use a pre-existing datasource name.
- Existing datasource: you cannot modify the name.
Output project: To change the project to which you are publishing, click the Tableau icon in the sidebar. Select a different project.
- Publish actions: Select one of the following.
- Create new datasource every run: Each run generates a new datasource with a timestamp appended to the name.
Append to this datasource every run: Each run adds any new results to the end of the datasource.
- Drop the datasource every run: With each run, the datasource is dropped (deleted), and all data is deleted. A new datasource with the same name is created, and any new results are added to it.
- Datasource name:
- To save the publishing action, click Add.
Tip: If you generate a Tableau format file as part of your output, you can choose to download and later publish it to Tableau Server. For more information, see Publishing Dialog.
This page has no comments.