The Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform supports multiple methods of configuration.
Do not make changes through multiple configuration interfaces at the same time. Saved changes can completely overwrite the platform configuration file, removing any unsaved changes from another method.
Admin Settings page
Through the Admin Settings page in the application, platform administrators can perform most configuration tasks.
NOTE: The Admin Settings page is the recommended method for applying configuration changes to the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform. Entries are validated against known types, and the platform is automatically restarted when you save your changes.
At a minimum, to use the Admin Settings page, please verify that the following have been completed:
- Install and initialize the databases. See Set up the Databases.
- Install or upgrade the Alteryx software on the node. See Install.
- Start the platform. See .Start and Stop the Platform.
- See below for access.
- Login to the application as an administrator.
- Select Settings menu > Admin Settings.
- Perform your configuration tasks as needed.
In the documentation, JSON configuration items that are available through this page are described using dot notation, as in the following example:
Tip: In the Admin Settings page, you can paste the property name without quotes into the search box:
The Admin Settings page is not useful for the following configuration scenarios:
- Changing the configuration when the application is not available.
- You cannot add or delete parameters through this interface.
- Some platform integrations require configuration changes to files other than
trifacta-conf.json. These changes are described later in the documentation.
In the above scenarios, you should apply your changes through
NOTE: When a change is saved through the Admin Settings page, the entire
trifacta-conf.json file is overwritten.
For more information, see Admin Settings Page.
On the Alteryx node, you can edit the configuration file directly if necessary.
- Login to the Alteryx node as an administrator.
- Edit the following file:
- Make changes as necessary.
In the documentation, configuration items may be listed in either JSON dot notation or in hierarchical JSON notation, as in the following:
NOTE: The ellipses in the configuration indicate that there are unlisted parameters in the actual configuration. Typically, you should search for the final parameter name.
- Save the file and restart the platform. See Start and Stop the Platform.
Where possible, you should use the Admin Settings page for making configuration changes to the databases. See Admin Settings Page.
For more information, see Set up the Databases.
This page has no comments.