You can create connections to your Salesforce instance from the Trifacta® platform. This connector is designed as a wrapper around the Salesforce REST API.
- This is a read-only connection.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) is not supported.
- Custom domains are not supported.
The account used to login from the Trifacta platform must access Salesforce through a security token.
NOTE: Please contact your Salesforce administrator for the Host Name and the Security Token values.
- If you haven't done so already, you must create and deploy an encryption key file for the Trifacta node to be shared by all relational connections. For more information, see Create Encryption Key File.
- Logged in user must have required access to the tables and schema.
- Encryption File is created and configured as per the Install guide
To create this connection:
- In the Import Data page, click the Plus sign. Then, select the Applications tab. Click the Salesforce connection box.
- You can also create connections through the Connections page.
- See Connections Page.
This connection can also be created using the API.
NOTE: This connection cannot be created through the CLI.
- For details on values to use when creating via API, see Connection Types.
- See API Connections Create v3.
Modify the following properties as needed:
Enter the host name of your Salesforce implementation.
|Security Token generated in account||Paste the security token associated with the account to use for this connection.|
|Default Column Data Type Inference|
|User Name||(basic credential type only) Username to use to connect to the database.|
|Password||(basic credential type only) Password associated with the above username.|
|Test Connection||After you have defined the connection credentials type, credentials, and connection string, you can validate those credentials.|
|Connection Name||Display name of the connection|
|Connection Description||Description of the connection, which appears in the application.|
You can make the following modifications to the Salesforce connection by performing the following steps.
- Login to the Trifacta node as an administrator.
Navigate to the following directory:
- Edit the file:
- Add configuration parameters to the
Include system columns
By default, Salesforce does not include system columns generated by Salesforce in any response. To include them, add the following value to the
Save the file.
Unlimited number of calls
By default, Salesforce imposes a limit on the number of calls that can be made through the REST APIs by this connector.
You can make the number of calls unlimited by appending the following to the
This page has no comments.