The Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta® platform uses multiple SQL databases to manage platform metadata. This section describes how to install and initialize these databases.
DB Installation Pre-requisites
- You must install a supported database distribution. For more information on the supported database versions, see System Requirements.
- You must also acquire the database dependencies associated with the operating system distribution where the database is to be installed. Please see the database vendor for more information.
- Please verify that the ports used by the database are opened on the Alteryx node.
- For more information on default ports, see System Ports.
- If you need to use different ports, additional configuration is required. More instructions are provided later.
- Installation and configuration of the database cannot be completed until the Alteryx software has been installed. You should install the software on the Alteryx node first.
- If you are installing the databases on an instance of Amazon RDS, additional setup is required first. See Install Databases on Amazon RDS.
- Other pre-requisites specific to the database distribution may be listed in the appropriate section below.
If you are concerned about durability and disaster recovery of your Alteryx metadata, your enterprise backup procedures should include the Alteryx databases. See Backup and Recovery.
This page has no comments.