Supported Cloudera Distributions
NOTE: By default, Cloudera may be installed with Java JDK 1.7 or earlier. If so, you must upgrade each node in the cluster to Java JDK 1.8. For more information, see https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cdh_ig_jdk_installation.html.
For this release, the Trifacta® platform supports the following Cloudera versions.
NOTE: Cloudera 6.0 and later requires use of native Hadoop libraries from the cluster. See Configure for Spark.
Cloudera 6.2.x (Release 6.0.1 and later)
Cloudera 6.1.x (Release 6.0.1 and later)
Cloudera 6.0.x (recommended)
NOTE: Spark 2.4 is not supported on Cloudera 6.0. Please use Spark 2.2. See Configure for Spark.
- Cloudera 5.16.x (Release 6.0.1 and later)
- Cloudera 5.15.x
Cloudera 5.14.x (recommended)
NOTE: Cloudera 5.13.x and Cloudera 5.12.x are no longer supported. For best results, please upgrade your Hadoop distribution.
- Update Date: March 21, 2019
- The Trifacta platform supports all variants of patch or point releases (X.Y.* and X.Y.*.* releases) through the Hadoop vendor's backwards compatibility policy.
- For individual versions of Hadoop components (such as HDFS, Spark, and Hive), the Trifacta platform supports the component version that is bundled with the vendor's package for the supported Hadoop distribution.
- For more information on how to set up your Hadoop distribution, please consult the documentation provided with your distribution or contact your distribution vendor.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all items listed below are supported across all Hadoop distribution versions listed above. Unlisted items are not supported. Please contact Alteryx Support or your sales representative for items not listed here.
|Physical On Premise Machines||Supported.|
|VMWare / VXServer||Supported.|
|HDFS File Permissions||Supported.|
|HDFS Privileges||Supported through Sentry.|
|Hive Privileges||Supported through Sentry.|
|Kerberos-Enabled Hadoop Cluster||Supported. See Configure for Kerberos Integration.|
|Secure User Impersonation|
Supported. See Configure for Secure Impersonation.
|Name Node, Resource Manager, HttpFS||Supported. See Enable Integration with Cluster High Availability.|
|Hive Publishing||Supported. See Configure for Hive.|
Supported File Formats
The Trifacta platform supports connectivity for execution to the following Hadoop environments for this vendor's distributions. Connectivity exceptions are listed below:
|Running Environment||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer||Hive Reader w/ HiveServer2|
|Profiling Environment||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer|
|Profiling on Spark||Supported.||Supported.|
|Storage Platform||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer|
|Storage Platform||Amazon S3 Reader||Amazon S3 Writer|
This page has no comments.