This section describes the interaction between the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta® platform and your Waterline Data Catalog instance.
- Waterline is a search portal for datasets stored in your Hadoop cluster. For more information, see www.waterlinedata.com.
Uses of Waterline
The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform can use Waterline for the following tasks:
- From within the application, searching for datasets for import into the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform .
- From within Waterline, opening datasets in the platform.
Before You Begin Using Waterline
- The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform must be separately integrated with Waterline instance. See Enable Waterline Sources.
- You must have credentials for your Waterline instance.
Secure access is supported through other platform and Hadoop features, including:
- Secure impersonation
Through the Import Data page, you can search the Waterline Data Catalog as a Trifacta connection.
Enter your search string to locate datasets for import into the platform.
For more information on the Waterline Data Catalog, please see the documentation provided with your product.
If you have enabled the Open With integration, you can browse through Waterline to locate a database table and then choose to open it with Alteryx.
This page has no comments.