You can create connections to one or more Microsoft SQL Server databases from Trifacta® Wrangler Enterprise.
- If you haven't done so already, you must create and deploy an encryption key file for the Trifacta node to be shared by all relational connections. For more information, see Create Encryption Key File.
If you plan to create an SSO connection of this type, additional configuration may be required. See Enable SSO for Relational Connections.
To create this connection:
- In the Import Data page, click the Plus sign. Then, select the Relational tab. Click the SQL Server card.
- You can also create connections through the Connections page.
- See Connections Page.
For additional details on creating a SQL Server connection, see Enable Relational Connections.
This connection can also be created using the API.
- For details on values to use when creating via API, see Connection Types.
- See API Connections Create v4.
Enter your hostname. Example:
|Port||Set this value to |
|Connect String options|
Please insert the following as a single string (no line breaks):
|User Name||(basic credential type only) Username to use to connect to the database.|
|Password||(basic credential type only) Password associated with the above username.|
|Default Column Data Type Inference|
|Test Connection||After you have defined the connection credentials type, credentials, and connection string, you can validate those credentials.|
|Connection Name||Display name of the connection|
|Connection Description||Description of the connection, which appears in the application.|
For more information, see Database Browser.
For more information on how values are converted during input and output with this database, see SQL Server Data Type Conversions.
This page has no comments.