You can create connections to your Salesforce instance from Trifacta®. This connector is designed as a wrapper around the Salesforce REST API.
- This is a read-only connection.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) is not supported.
- Custom domains are not supported.
The account used to login from Trifacta must access Salesforce through a security token.
NOTE: Please contact your Salesforce administrator for the Host Name and the Security Token values.
- The logged-in user must have required access to the tables and schema.
- If you haven't done so already, you must create and deploy an encryption key file for the Trifacta node to be shared by all relational connections. For more information, see Create Encryption Key File.
For more information, see Enable Relational Connections.
To create this connection:
- In the Connections page, select the Applications tab. Click the Salesforce card.
- See Connections Page.
This connection can also be created using the API.
- For details on values to use when creating via API, see Connection Types.
- See API Connections Create v4.
Enter the host name of your Salesforce implementation.
|Security Token generated in account||Paste the security token associated with the account to use for this connection.|
|Connect String Options||Apply any connection string options that are part of your authentication to Salesforce. For more information, see below.|
|User Name||(basic credential type only) Username to use to connect to the database.|
|Password||(basic credential type only) Password associated with the above username.|
|Test Connection||After you have defined the connection credentials type, credentials, and connection string, you can validate those credentials.|
|Default Column Data Type Inference|
|Connection Name||Display name of the connection|
|Connection Description||Description of the connection, which appears in the application.|
Connect string options
You can apply the following options to your connection string.
Include system columns
By default, Salesforce does not include system columns generated by Salesforce in any response. To include them, add the following value to the Connect String Options textbox:
Unlimited number of calls
By default, Salesforce imposes a limit on the number of calls that can be made through the REST APIs by this connector.
You can make the number of calls unlimited by appending the following to the Connect String Options textbox:
This page has no comments.