You can integrate the Trifacta® platform with the Waterline data catalog to simplify finding datasets within your enterprise data lake. The Waterline integration supports the following methods:
- Read directly from Waterline through a search box integrated into the Import Data page.
- Locate assets through Waterline and open them with the Trifacta platform.
Waterline Data is a data catalog service for Hive. For more information, see www.waterlinedata.com.
NOTE: This integration is not supported in the Wrangler Enterprise desktop application.
Waterline 4.0 and higher
Waterline must be integrated with your deployment of the Trifacta platform. For more information, please contact your Waterline administrator.
You must have credentials to access Waterline.
NOTE: Your Waterline administrator must ensure that your account has the appropriate permissions to search for and access datasets within Waterline and its integrated sources.
You must acquire the URL for the host of your Waterline deployment.
- You must acquire the hostname and port for the Trifacta platform.
Enable Waterline Integration
NOTE: Although the integration appears as a connection in the application, the connection cannot be created through the application. Please complete the following steps.
- Login to the platform as an administrator.
- From the menu, select Settings menu > Settings > Admin Settings.
- Search for
- Update the values for the following properties accordingly:
Property Description This value identifies the path on the Waterline server for executing a search. Do not modify this value. Set this value
trueto enable the integration.
Set this value to the URL of the Waterline deployment.
- Save your changes.
Testing Waterline browsing integration
- Restart services. See Start and Stop the Platform.
- When the platform has restarted, login.
- Click Library. Then, click Import Data.
- In the Import Data page, the Waterline connection should appear in the left nav bar. Select it.
- Enter your search term, which can be a filename or description of the dataset.
- Browse and select your dataset.
- From the Gear menu in Waterline, select Wrangle.
- The dataset is imported into the platform where it can be added to flows. See Import Data Page.
Try running a simple job. For more information, see Verify Operations.
This page has no comments.