Decimal data type applies to floating points up to 15 digits in length.
- In the Trifacta application, this data type is referenced as
- In storage, this data type is written as
Punctuation such as commas and dollar signs ($) are not supported. These markers must be removed from numeric values through transformation steps before you can change the type to Decimal.
The following range is considered safe for values of this type. There may be inconsistencies in output for values outside this range:
- Safe minimum:
- Safe maximum:
- Decimal values that are longer than 15 digits are treated as String values and may appear as mismatched values in a Decimal column.
- Scientific notation is supported.
- Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition utilizes Java's Float data type for its Decimal data validation, which may result in some loss of precision in rare cases.
This page has no comments.