The Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta® platform uses multiple SQL databases to manage platform metadata. This section describes how to install and initialize these databases.
DB Installation Pre-requisites
- You must install a supported database distribution. For more information on the supported database versions, see System Requirements in the Planning Guide.
- You must also acquire the database dependencies associated with the operating system distribution where the database is to be installed. Please see the database vendor for more information.
- Please verify that the ports used by the database are opened on the Alteryx node.
- For more information on default ports, see System Ports in the Planning Guide.
- If you need to use different ports, additional configuration is required. More instructions are provided later.
- Installation and configuration of the database cannot be completed until the Alteryx software has been installed. You should install the software on the Alteryx node first.
- If you are installing the databases on an instance of Amazon RDS, additional setup is required first. See Install Databases on Amazon RDS.
If you are concerned about durability and disaster recovery of your Alteryx metadata, your enterprise backup procedures should include the Alteryx databases. See Backup and Recovery in the Admin Guide.
List of Databases
The Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta® platform requires access to the following databases. Below, you can review database names, descriptions and release in which it was introduced:
|Database Name||Description||First Release|
Alteryx database (Main)
|Storage of users and metadata about your datasets, including completed jobs.||Release 1.0|
|Jobs database||Storage of job tracking information. Jobs are purged upon completion or job timeout. Failed jobs are purged periodically.||Release 3.2|
|Authorization Service database||Storage of object permissions.||Release 7.1|
|Orchestration Service database|
Storage of plan execution information. Information is purged upon completion or run timeout. Failed runs are purged periodically.
|Configuration Service database||Storage of system-, tier-, and user-level configuration settings.||Release 6.0|
|Artifact Storage Service database||Storage for feature-specific usage data such value mappings.||Release 6.0|
|Job Metadata Service database||Storage of metadata on job execution.||Release 6.4|
|Storage of schedules, including datasets to execute.||Release 4.1|
|Time-based Trigger database||Storage of triggering information.||Release 4.1|
This page has no comments.