NOTE: Parameter values are applied to a plan, but you cannot apply parameter overrides to the plan. You can apply flow parameter overrides on individual flows, which are applied at the time of plan execution. For more information, see Manage Parameters Dialog.
The main panel is the plan canvas, where you build your plans.
On the right side is the context panel. Depending on what you select in the plan canvas, a different set of context options is displayed.
- Activate: Click this button to make the current version of your plan the active one.
- When the next scheduled trigger is reached, this version of the plan is the one that is executed.
Run now: Run the most recently activated plan now.
NOTE: You must activate a version of your plan before it can be run.
- Menu options:
- Edit name and description: Modify the name and description for your plan.
- Schedule: Create or edit the plan schedule with one or more triggers through the right context panel. See "View for Tasks."
- Delete Plan: Delete your plan.
- Runs: The Runs link tracks the current total number of runs that have been queued or executed for this plan. Click this link to track progress on your plan run. See "Run Details" below.
For more information, see Create a Plan.
View for Triggers
To create a trigger, you specify the time and frequency that the plan is to be executed:
- Timezone: Select the timezone for the time that you are specifying in the trigger's schedule.
- To use UTC time zone, select
UTCin the drop-down.
- For a list of supported timezones, see Supported Time Zone Values.
- To use UTC time zone, select
- Frequency: Specify how frequently the plan is triggered:
- On: You can specify multiple entries to trigger the plan more frequently.
- cron: Set the schedule according to cron syntax.
Time zone settings set in the drop-down are used with the cron schedule.
- For more information, see cron Schedule Syntax Reference.
- To add another trigger, click Add another trigger.
- To save your changes, click Save.
To disable the trigger, click the slider.
NOTE: If you disable a trigger, no tasks occurring in the plan after the trigger are executed.
- To make changes to the trigger, click Edit.
View for Tasks
When you create or select a task, you can modify its settings through the context panel on the right.
NOTE: In this release, the only type of task that is supported is Run Flow.
Task context menu options:
- Delete task: Delete the task from your plan.
- View Flow: Open the flow. See Flow View Page.
- Edit task name: Modify the name of the task.
Run flow task
When you create a run flow task, you first search for the flow that you wish to run.
NOTE: All recipes in the flow are executed when the task is triggered.
NOTE: In a flow, all recipes that you wish to have executed by the corresponding task must have a defined output object. For each output object, you must create at least one write settings or publication object. During plan runs, these objects are not validated, and missing outputs are ignored.
- Enter a search string in the search box.
When you locate the flow to execute, select it.
Select the outputs that you wish to have generated for the flow.
To save the task, click Create task.
The saved task is displayed in the context panel.
Review the datasources for the task, including a full path to the source location.
Review the outputs that you have selected for the task to generate.
- To review the publications configured for the output, click Show.
- To change the outputs generated by the task, click Add/remove outputs.
You can review the details of individual executions of your plan. Click the Runs link in the upper-right corner.
The latest plan run is displayed. You can review the progress of individual tasks throughout the plan run.
Tip: When a plan is triggered, a snapshot of the flows and all of their dependencies is created. This snapshot is used for executing the plan. The results of the plan run are based on the state of your flows when the snapshot was created.
- You can select individual triggers and tasks to review details of the plan run for that object in the context panel.
- To see other runs for the plan, use the angle brackets next to the timestamp at the top of the screen.
This page has no comments.