By default, the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta® platform provides controls for administrators to reset passwords for themselves and for other users.
- For more information, see Manage Users.
- After users have logged in, they can reset their passwords via their Profile page. See User Profile Page.
Optionally, Designer Cloud Enterprise Edition customers can enable users to reset their passwords via email, which provides an extra measure of validation and security.
- Your enterprise must have an accessible SMTP email server that the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform can use to send emails.
- You should create a dedicated email account for issuing the password resets. The username and password for this account must be stored in platform configuration.
You can apply this change through the Admin Settings Page (recommended) or
trifacta-conf.json. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Edit the following settings:
Set the expiration time for the password reset email. Users must click through to reset their password before this time limit expires.
The default value is
1440, which is 24 hours.
You can change the email address and display name of the sender of all emails from the Alteryx node. For more information, see Enable SMTP Email Server Integration.
You apply this change through the Workspace Settings Page. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Setting Description Enable self service password reset Set this value to
trueto enable this feature.
- Save your changes and restart the platform.
- Visit the login page for your Alteryx deployment. See Login.
- Click the Forgot password? link.
- Reset your password.
- When the email arrives, click the link to complete the password reset.
This page has no comments.