In Plan View, you design your plan, which includes the building and sequencing of tasks and the triggers that execute your sequence of tasks.
NOTE: Access to this page in the application and privileges on its related objects is governed by roles in your workspace. For more information, please contact your workspace administrator.
NOTE: Parameter values are applied to a plan, but you cannot apply parameter overrides to the plan. You can apply flow parameter overrides on individual flows, which are applied at the time of plan execution. For more information, see Manage Parameters Dialog.
The main panel is the plan canvas, where you build your plans.
On the right side is the context panel. Depending on what you select in the plan canvas, a different set of context options is displayed.
Run now: Run the plan now. You can track progress of your plan run. See Plan Runs Page.
- Edit name and description: Modify the name and description for your plan.
- Schedule: Create or edit the plan schedule with one or more triggers through the right context panel. See "View for Tasks."
- Manage parameters: You can apply overrides to the recipe parameters for your plan tasks during plan job runs. See Manage Parameters Dialog.
- Delete Plan: Delete your plan.
Runs: The Runs link tracks the current total number of runs that have been queued or executed for this plan. Click this link to track progress on your plan run. See "Run Details" below.
For more information, see Create a Plan.
View for Triggers
To create a trigger, you specify the time and frequency that the plan is to be executed:
- Timezone: Select the timezone for the time that you are specifying in the trigger's schedule.
- To use UTC time zone, select
UTCin the drop-down.
- For a list of supported timezones, see Supported Time Zone Values.
- To use UTC time zone, select
- Frequency: Specify how frequently the plan is triggered:
- On: You can specify multiple entries to trigger the plan more frequently.
- cron: Set the schedule according to cron syntax.
Time zone settings set in the drop-down are used with the cron schedule.
- For more information, see cron Schedule Syntax Reference.
- To add another trigger, click Add another trigger.
- To save your changes, click Save.
To disable the trigger, click the slider.
NOTE: If you disable a trigger, no new scheduled executions of the tasks in the plan occur. You can still manually trigger plan runs.
- To make changes to the trigger, click Edit.
View for Tasks
When you create or select a task, you can modify its settings through the context panel on the right.
Task context menu options:
- Delete task: Delete the task from your plan.
- View Flow: Open the flow. See Flow View Page.
- Edit task name: Modify the name of the task.
When you create a flow task, you first search for the flow that you wish to run.
When a task is executed, the recipes in the flow that have been selected in the task are executed, and if successful, their selected outputs are generated.
NOTE: In a flow, all recipes that you wish to have executed by the corresponding task must have a defined output object. For each output object, you must create at least one write settings or publication object. During plan runs, these objects are not validated, and missing outputs are ignored.
- Enter a search string in the search box.
When you locate the flow to execute, select it.
Select the outputs that you wish to have generated for the flow.
To save the task, click Create task.
The saved task is displayed in the context panel.
Review the datasources for the task, including a full path to the source location.
Review the outputs that you have selected for the task to generate.
- To review the publications configured for the output, click Show.
- To change the outputs generated by the task, click Add/remove outputs.
If the flow from which the task was created contains parameters, you can review those parameters and apply overrides as necessary.
To apply overrides:
- Click Manage.
In the Manage Parameters dialog, mouse over the Value entry for the desired parameter. Click the Edit icon.
Tip: You can use the Search box to locate parameters by name.
- Enter a new value and click Save.
Whenever the flow task is executed, this override value is applied to the execution of the flow task.
You can review the details of individual executions of your plan. Click the Runs link in the upper-right corner.
The latest plan run is displayed. You can review the progress of individual tasks throughout the plan run. To cancel a run in progress, click Cancel plan run.
Tip: When a plan is triggered, a snapshot of the flows and all of their dependencies is created. This snapshot is used for executing the plan. The results of the plan run are based on the state of your flows when the snapshot was created.
- You can select individual triggers and tasks to review details of the plan run for that object in the context panel.
- To see other runs for the plan, use the angle brackets next to the timestamp at the top of the screen.
You can track all of the runs across all of your plans. See Plan Runs Page.
This page has no comments.