This section describes the interaction between the Trifacta® platform and your Alation data catalog instance.
- Alation is a search portal for your Hive instance. For more information, see https://alation.com/.
NOTE: The Alation integration with the Trifacta platform is not operational in this release. This integration is likely to be deprecated in a future release. For more information, please contact Alteryx Support.
Uses of Alation
The Trifacta platform can use Alation for the following tasks:
- Location of Hive tables for import into the Trifacta platform.
- Location of Trifacta results that you have published back through Hive.
Before You Begin Using Alation
- The Trifacta platform must be separately integrated with the Hive instance to which Alation is connected.
- You must have credentials for your Alation instance. If your Alation administration has enabled it, you may be able to register for an Alation account through the Trifacta platform integration.
- If you are planning to write Trifacta results back to Hive through the Trifacta platform and import them back into the platform, your Alation credentials must have access to the location in Hive where you store your datasets. For more information, please contact your Alation administrator.
Secure access is supported if both users in the integration are authenticated and impersonated.
Through Alation Catalog Navigator
In the Import Data page, you can access the Alation Catalog Navigator as a Trifacta connection.
Enter your credentials, and use the Alation Catalog Navigator to select tables to import as imported datasets into the platform.
NOTE: You cannot create queries or select columns to import into the platform. You must select an entire table to import into the platform. After import, you can delete unneeded columns and rows through the Transformer page.
For more information on the Alation Catalog Navigator, login to your Alation instance. Then, please visit https://alationhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
Through Alation server
If you have enabled the Open With integration, you can browse through Alation to locate a database table and then choose to open it with Alteryx.
This page has no comments.