Use the Workspace Users page to add, suspend, or remove users from the workspace. You can also reset passwords and change roles.
NOTE: The following user management functions are not available through this page:
- Specify principal values for Hadoop, Kerberos, or SSO integration
- Create or delete accounts.
These functions are available through the Admin Settings page. The Users section of this page may need to be enabled in your environment. For more information, see Manage Users.
- Click one of the tabs to display all users of the workspace or a filtered list based on user status.
Name: Display name for the user. Click the name of the user to review details about the user account. See Workspace User Details Page.
- Email: Username (email address of users)
- Status: Current status of the user. See "Status" below.
- Last login: Timestamp for the last time that the user logged in to the workspace
- Search: Enter text to begin searching for specific user usernames.
Context menu actions:
For each user, you can perform the following actions in the context menu:
- Configure storage: If per-user access is enabled for the workspace, you can configure the access credentials for individual users, either using key-secret combinations or IAM roles. For more information, see Configure Your Access to S3.
- Edit: Modify user properties, including platform roles. See "Edit Users" below.
Reset password: Self-service password reset is enabled by default. If enabled, click this option to send an email to the user to reset his or her password.
NOTE: Only platform administrators can reset a user's password. Workspace admins cannot.
- Disable: When a workspace user is disabled, the user cannot access the workspace.
- All of the user's flows and datasets are retained.
- Resources such as connections and flows that are owned by the user become inaccessible to workspace users that have access.
Users in the workspace can be set to one of the following statuses:
- Enabled: User can log in and use the workspace normally.
Disabled: User account has been disabled by a workspace administrator. User cannot use the workspace.
NOTE: A disabled user's flows and datasets are still stored within the workspace. However, the user cannot access them. Ownership of these objects has not been transferred. A workspace administrator has ownership privileges on the user's objects.
To modify a user account in the workspace, please complete the following steps.
- Locate the user in the list of users in the workspace.
- In the context menu on the right side of the user's listing, select Edit.
- In the Edit User dialog, modify the following properties as needed:
Name: The display name of the user.
NOTE: Only platform administrators can edit a user name. Workspace admins cannot.
- Email: The email address is used as the login identifier. This value cannot be modified.
- Roles: Select or remove the workspace roles to assign to the user. For more information, see Workspace Roles Page.
Deployment management: When selected, this user is assigned the deployment role in the platform. In a Development environment, this role can be added to a user's account to enable access to the Deployment Manager.
NOTE: Deployment management user accounts are intended for managing production execution of flows. These users have a different and limited user interface in the Trifacta application. There should be a limited number of these accounts.
NOTE: Only platform administrators can assign the Deployment management role. Workspace admins cannot.
- In a Production environment where the Deployment Manager applies to the entire instance, this role does not apply.
- For more information, see Configure Deployment Manager.
For more information on Deployment Manager, see Overview of Deployment Manager.
NOTE: The Trifacta admin platform role must be assigned through the Users section of the Admin Settings page. This section is disabled by default. For more information, see Manage Users.
- To save your changes, click Edit user.
This page has no comments.