When you select a Databricks Tables database to store your job results in the Run Job page, you can configure the following options for the generated table.
- Select location: Navigate the Databricks Tables browser to select the database and table to which to publish.
- To create a new table, click Create a new table.
- Select table options:
- Table name:
- New table: enter a name for it. You may use a pre-existing table name, and schema checks are performed against it.
Existing table: you cannot modify the name.
NOTE: Writing to partitioned tables is not supported.
Output database: To change the database to which you are publishing, click the Databricks icon in the sidebar. Select a different database.
Optional table types: Select one or more table types to publish as well:
Use Delta table: Output is stored as a Parquet-based Delta table.
NOTE: Versioning and rollback of Delta tables is not supported within the Trifacta platform. The latest version is always used. You must use external tools to manage versioning and rollback.
- Publish as external table: Output is published as an external table to the specified location in your bucket.
Publish actions: Depending on your selection or selections above, the following publishing actions on the table are supported:
- Create new table every run: Each run generates a new table with a timestamp appended to the name.
Append to this table every run: Each run adds any new results to the end of the table.
Truncate the table every run: With each run, all data in the table is truncated and replaced with any new results.
NOTE: Truncating the table is not supported for external tables.
Drop the table every run: With each run, the table is dropped (deleted), and all data is deleted. A new table with the same name is created, and any new results are added to it.
NOTE: Dropping the table is not supported for external tables.
- Table name:
- To save the publishing action, click Add.
This page has no comments.