If you are using per-user authentication through an AWS IAM role, you must insert a trust relationship into the role so that Trifacta® can leverage it.
Please acquire the following information:
- IAM role: The AWS IAM role that Trifacta should use.
- EC2 instance role: If the EC2 instance role is to be used to assume the AWS role, then please acquire the following:
- AWS account ID
- EC2 instance role
- Details on the above are listed below.
For more information on the AWS Principal options described below, please review https://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/reference_policies_elements_principal.html.
- You can apply this change through the Admin Settings Page (recommended) or
trifacta-conf.json. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Locate the following parameter and retrieve its value (
- Login to the AWS console.
- Open the IAM role for use with Trifacta.
aws.ec2InstanceRoleForAssumeRole=true, then the EC2 instance role is used for assuming the provided AWS role. Paste the following into the IAM role for the trust relationship:
AWS account identifier for which the EC2 instance role is assumed
EC2 instance role to use
aws.ec2InstanceRoleForAssumeRole=false, then the AWS user associated with the provided AWS key and secret is assumed. Paste the following into the IAM role for the trust relationship:
- Save the IAM role definition.
This page has no comments.