Tip: Click the logo at the top of the menu bar to return to the Home page.
NOTE: This feature may need to be enabled in your environment by an administrator. For more information, see Enable Onboarding Tour.
The onboarding tour is available to all users from the Home page. You can toggle display of it as needed.
Getting Started? Try out the embedded tour to see how Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition can accelerate and enhance your data wrangling.
NOTE: Do not have multiple windows open to the application when using the onboarding tour. Avoid using with any form of shared account.
To begin the tour, click Show Tour.
NOTE: The onboarding tour uses a sample dataset that has been installed for you. When the tour is completed, it is removed from the Home page and cannot be replayed. The flow, dataset, and recipe remain in your account for your reference.
Tip: When keyboard shortcuts are enabled, press
? in the application to see the available shortcuts. Individual users must enable them. See User Profile Page.
- Import Data: Import new datasets into Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition. See Import Data Page.
- Create Flow: Create a new flow to hold your datasets. See Create Flow Page.
Tip: Use the controls on the left side of the screen to access other areas of the application. For more information, see Menu Bar below.
Access the flows that have been recently changed. Click the flow name to open it. See Flow View Page.
Tip: When an object within a flow has been changed, its timestamp here is updated, so the Home page becomes an easy location where you can monitor changes to the flows to which you have access. Monitored changes include editing a recipe or adding or removing datasets.
- View more: See all of your flows.
For more information on these options, see Flows Page.
Review jobs that you have been recently queued or completed in Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition.
- Click a job ID to view its details. See Job Details Page.
- Click the name of the flow to open it. See Flow View Page.
- Click the name of a recipe to select it in Flow View. See Flow View Page.
Use the links to explore recent plan runs that have been queued or completed. For more information, see Plan Runs Page.Actions:
Cancel job: If present, you can cancel a job in progress.
NOTE: Some jobs cannot be canceled through the Trifacta application.
- View more: See all of your jobs.
- For more information on these options, see Jobs Page.
Use the links on the right to explore available resources for Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition.
Left Nav Bar
From the left side of the screen, you can access the top-level pages of the Trifacta application.
Use the Flows page to create and manage your flows. See Flows Page.
- A flow is a container for one or more datasets. See Create Flow Page.
Use the Plans page to build sequences of tasks that are executed based upon triggers that you create. See Plans Page.
- Plans enable the scheduling of execution of task sequences. For more information, see Overview of Operationalization.
From the Library page, you create and manage your datasets. See Library Page.
- You can import datasets to begin creating your transformations. See Import Data Page.
- Click the linked name of a dataset to transform the data. See Transformer Page.
Connections enable you to import datasets for use in your flows. Depending on the type of connection, they can also be used for writing or publishing data back to the datastore.
NOTE: This option appears only if connectivity must be enabled in your environment.
For more information on creating and editing connections to your data, see Connections Page.
After you finish building your transformation recipe, you can run jobs to execute the recipe against your dataset. The Jobs page shows status and history of your jobs. See Jobs Page.
You can also review any plan runs that you have executed. See Plan Runs Page.
Administrators can review, toggle availability, and delete any schedule in the deployment.
NOTE: This page is available to administrators only.
See Schedules Page.
Access help resources, including documentation, training, and more.
- Community: Explore the online community.
- Wrangle Exchange: Explore and download additional resources, such as macros, from the online Wrangle Exchange.
- Documentation: Access online product documentation.
- API documentation: Access reference documentation for available endpoints and methods.
- For additional information on API workflows and other API-related content, see API Reference.
- Trifacta Academy: Explore the training programs and certifications available through Trifacta Academy. Wrangler certification is free.
- Download logs: Download logs from the current session. See Download Logs Dialog.
- Admin users can download logs for jobs, sessions, or time periods. See Admin Download Logs Dialog.
About: Review information about the product, build number, and licensing information.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Review available keyboard shortcuts for the Trifacta application.
- You must enable keyboard shortcuts. See User Profile Page.
Under the User icon, you can modify settings specific to your account.
Review preferences for your account and other settings. See Preferences Page.
Profile: Edit your profile. See User Profile Page.
Review and modify settings and users for your workspace. See Admin Console.
Tip: If you have two open tabs for work on the same dataset, changes made in one browser tab may not be reflected in the other browser tab until you refresh the page. Overwriting results from one tab through another is certainly possible.
This page has no comments.